So here we go, I'll try this again. I wasn't too thrilled with travelblog.com. I didn't like all the stuff on the top and it wasn't that simple to use, so I decided to use good ol' traditional Blogger. But not only do I have a new blog, but I have a new plan! Originally I was thinking about traveling Costa Rica for 2 weeks and then working there for 5 to save money. Which would include working at a hostel 5 hours a day/5 days a week in the city in exchange for a free stay. Then I got to thinking, is money worth more than time? Hostels are only $6-10, so by working for 5 weeks, I would only be saving $350 max, which I could make working here in the States within 2 weeks or less. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I want to be able to enjoy myself and see everything that Costa Rica has to offer! So, I've decided to drop the whole work idea and instead just travel the country for all 7 weeks.!
I've been starting to get ready little by little. I began my Malaria medication yesterday and it made me sick to the stomach. I will give it another week or two to see if the side effects go away. More common though, is Dengue Fever and there is no medication or vaccination that can prevent it. The mosquitoes that carry Dengue Fever actually hang out during the day in urban areas, which is the complete opposite of the mosquitoes that can carry Malaria. I bought a I mosquito net yesterday to put over my bed at night. I set it up in the living room and I felt like a was in the rain forest already. Since it is the rainy season (or as some like to call it, the "green season") there will be a lot of mosquitoes!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment