Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hostal Vista Serena

I've made it to the road in between Quepos and Manuel Antonio (because that is where the cheaper accommodations are). I'm staying at Hostal Vista Serena. It's pretty nice and the best part is the beautiful ocean view. On the ride over I got to practice my Spanish with the guy next to me on the bus. He actually is from Nicaragua, but is working in Costa Rica at a hotel because he can make three times the amount here than he can back home. We talked about our families and I tried figuring out how to say MRI tech in Spanish. I think I ended up saying my dad is a scientist and my mom is a cook. Well, close enough I guess. He also pointed out and named the towns and rivers we were passing, but he continued to try doing so even when I was sleeping by nudging me each time.

3 comments:

Aunt Ellie said...

Once again, it looks like a beautiful area you're in. Those locals just don't know how you are when your tired...heheh.
Love,
Ellie

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah if your telling people I'm a cook make it good such as I cook for an upscale restaurant or something hahaha...Just kidding...but I have been making great meals, your Daddy even said so...Glad to hear you made it out of Nicarauga safely and it seems like the people are very helpful, that's good to know. Hope your still enjoying your time...Hey how did the hike up the volcano go?
Love,
Mom

Lil Travel Bug said...

It was pretty difficult, but worth it. Six hours round trip and the views on top were beautiful.