Monday, June 16, 2008

Ometepe again?

I'm not doing very well at this whole "leaving Nicaragua thing". Somehow I ended up back in Ometepe. Maybe it has to do with the perfect cone shaped volcano, or the big beautiful lake, or the wonderfull people, or the great flora and fauna... well, you get the point. My friend and I toured the island by motorcycle this time. Getting on that thing was perhaps one of the scariest things in my life, but I am glad I did. We got off the bike at one point and hiked up to a gorgeous waterfall. Everything was plush and green and there were butterflies everywhere. After that we drove across the beach with the views of both volcanos around us. Tomorrow we are going to hike Volcan Conception. There will also be four other travelers joining us since my friend is a tour guide here. We will not be going all they way to the top because it is unsafe to do so because currently there is too much gas coming out of it. The following day I will actually be heading down to Costa Rica this time.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Well I hope you do better at this whole "leaving Central America thing." We're afraid you might find yourself too comfortable down there. It all does sound beautiful. I hope you're taking a bunch of pictures. I'd like to see what this guy on the motorcycle looks like so when I send the "gringos" down there....Ooops, that the father in me talking. Have fun. Be safe. Love, Daddy