Saturday, June 14, 2008

On my way

I had such a great time in Miraflor. The family I stayed with was amazing. I helped make tortillas in the mornings and spent the day exploring the forest with a guide (who also became my friend). I spent 6 hours on a horse yesterday and I was surprised I was even able to stand up this morning. Luckily the weather was amazing as well. No rain!

I love the people of Nicaragua. There is always someone who is willing to point me in the right direction to the next bus and help me get my big pack onto my back. The other day I got on to the bus and a woman who was in the same taxi as me (they are collectivos) caught up to me on the bus to let me know I had to buy a ticket first (and it wasn't even the bus she was taking).

I'm in Granada again trying to make my way back to Costa Rica. It's difficult to try to leave Nicaragua because I like it here so much. I'm planning on leaving Granada in the morning, but I am going out to the same club I went to last time I was here, so I am not sure how early I will be waking up. But I do want to get on my way because there are a couple more places in Costa Rica and one in Panama that I would really like to see.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Wow, I am so impressed. I'd never have the guts to hoof it around a strange country. I'm glad you're having fun, but you better be back for my birthday next month!
XOXOX Sabrina