Friday, June 27, 2008
Panama
Puerto Viejo has been fun, but I´m ready to check out Panama for a few days before going home. I really haven´t done much here. It was nice and sunny yesterday and went to the beach in Cahuita with a few people yesterday. There´s beautiful beaches here on the Caribbean side. I would have to say I think they are nicer than the ones on the Pacific side. Somehow I am going to make my way to Bocas del Toro today. Here is a web site about the area - http://www.bocas-del-toro.org/. I really don´t know much about the area, or how to get there, but I believe it´s pretty easy. The border here will probably be easier than the Nicaragua one, or at least there will probably be more tourists doing this one. It only takes about 1.5 hr to the border by bus and then after I walk accross the border I guess I grab a cab to a port city and then a 1 hr ferry to Bocas. I have to time it right, cause I guess around noon the border closes for an hour or so for lunch. I have to do a bit asking around to find out where I should stay while I´m there. I´ve heard about one hostel that is actually on stilts above the water, so that sounds pretty sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I see that the website shows real estate as well. You could look around for my retirement home down there as well, and back up on that other island where you were a couple weeks ago (the place with 300 islands?). Love, Daddy
Post a Comment