Well, I am so glad I stayed another day in Bocas because I had such an awesome day yesterday. I went with a few new friends I made hostel to a beach on the other side of the island. We had a fun group; one guy from France, two from Isreal, one from Colombia and another one from Tempe, AZ! Our taxi driver was funny. He stopped to show us the oldest tree on the island which was cool. Then we drove past a big iguana on the road, so he slammed on the breaks because he wanted to go out and take a picture of it. It turned out that it was hurt and wasn't able to move so we picked it up and brought it into the truck with us. He claimed he wanted to take it back to help it, but Frenchie seemed to think he wanted to cook and eat it. Who knows. Anyhow, the beach was beautiful. Perfectly calm and clear water, which was great for swimming. My favorite part was finding Starfish! There were big orange ones all over the place.
Now I'm back in cold and rainy San Jose. I had a six hour bus ride which I slept completley through. Now, I might not be able to fall asleep, but I might go out dancing anyways. My flight leaves tomorrow at 6:45am, which means to get there on time I am taking a shuttle from here at 4:30am. I might just stay up all night and sleep on the plane. That might make more sense. I don't really want to go home yet. It would be nice to have more time in Central America. I love it here. After talking to many people who have traveled all of Central America, Guatemala seems to be everyone's favorite, so that might be next on my list of places to see.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dude! Sounds like a lot of fun (may be too much). I've also heard Guatemala is very nice. You have a "little brother" that lives there. May be you could visit him for us. And of course pick me up more coffee beans. You did pick me up Costa Rica beans, right?! Have a safe trip back home. Love, Daddy
Here's praying you actually boarded the plane home :-)
Love ya kiddo....Can't wait to hear from you when you arrive to the good old USA
Love,
Mom
Hey dad, did you know maybe is one word?
Post a Comment