Saturday, May 31, 2008

¡Bailamos!

Yesterday durring the day I took a boat tour with a couple of friends through the las Isletas. They´re an archipiélago of about 350 islands (we didn´t get to see them all, and I gave up on counting). Some of them are really small and uninhabited, while some are privately owned with houses on them. My favorite one was mono island, which was filled with spider monkeys. It was such a beautiful day as well! We lucked out and got no rain all day and night.

At night we went to Cafe Nuit which turns into the popluar dance club everyone goes to on Friday nights in Granada. I ran into travelers that I met in Montezuma and in Ometepe and best of all I ran into a couple of my local friends I met in Ometepe who live here in Granada. Everyone salsa danced the night away and it was such a blast!

My game plan for the day is to go to Masaya, a small town about 20 min from here that has a huge indian market. I haven´t done any shopping yet and in Nicaragua now is the time.

3 comments:

Aunt Ellie said...

Glad to hear the rain stayed at bay for a day or so. Sounds like you had a lot of fun salsa dancing. I'm glad to see you getting out and having fun in the evening, too.
Love,
Ellie

Tom said...

Hey, Sounds like fun! Dude, 250 islands? Pick one out for my retirement home. I'm also happy to see you have put your Salsa Dancing class to use. A college education is a terrible thing to waste. ;) Love, Daddy

Tom said...

Oh, 350 islands! Oops! Who could count that high any how?! Daddy