Monday, May 26, 2008
Ometepe
I know you all are worrying, but I will not have internet access everywhere I go. I got to Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua yesterday and I love it here! It is so much less touristy and the locals are all so nice. On the bus ride here I tired picking my backpack up and failed the first time and the girl ahead of me, about my age, turned around and picked my pack up and carried it off the bus for me. I have been hanging out with the family who owns the hotel where I am staying (La Venincia, I think) and I am learning a lot about their culture. Where the hotel is at there is no internet, but in Moyogalpa where the ferry lands is where I am at now. It´s about a 20min drive away from where I am staying in Paco Verde, but by bus it´s about an hour which is why I haven´t made it here yet. If you can find it on a map it is next to a little town called San Jose. I haven´t hiked either of the volcanos yet, because I have just been relaxing, but I plan on doing the smaller one in the next couple of days and then I will be headed to Granada soon. I´m enjoying it here so I am not exactly sure how many days I will be staying here, but I will have internet acess again in Granada.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hello there liltravelbug -
Glad to hear from you. Yes, we were all getting a little worried. Very glad to hear you arrived safe and sound. The island sounds magnificent; a nice place to get some well deserved rest and relaxation. Get yourself some good food and enjoy your time. I look forward to your next blog (knowing you may not always have connection) :).
Love you. Take care of yourself, be safe and have a wonderful time.
Love,
Aunt Ellie
Good to hear you're enjoying the island. Your Mom was beginning to freak out. I guess your last post about the scary hotel Liberia made things worse? I figured you were at a remote place with no communication. Any how, like I said in the last post, you might want to relax a few days in one spot. That island sounds like the perfect spot. Hope you're taking pictures of everything. When your trip is over, may be you could post some kind of slide show? Love, Daddy (Oops, I'm on your mom's site.)
Yes I was a little worried (ok, a lot worried) I understand you may not have internet everywhere you go, just thought we would have at least gotten a safe arrival email after your last scary one :-) Enjoy your time and wonderful culture and beauty...If anyone say's that your Mom & Dad say's Hi.....At least respond saying Hi back to us hahaha...I'll explain later...Stay safe kiddo, Love Mom
Post a Comment