Thursday, May 29, 2008
Hurricane Alma
For those of you who are worried, things are fine here in Granada. While it has been pouring rain since yesterday the hurricane hit in Leon, Nicaragua which is north of here. It is expected to be headed further north towards El Salvador, but we are still in an advisory. I heard some people were evacuated from Managua, but I didn´t even hear anything about it until this evening. It has finally stopped raining which is great. I was finally was able to get out of the hostel and went to dinner with a couple of other girls traveling alone. Tomorrow, as long as the weather holds out I´m going to walk around town and check out the markets and historical sites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Um...Hurricane? I had no clue...great Mom I am! Love you stay safe and be smart...
Nah, it was just a tropical storm actually. Didn´t get enough speed luckily to be considered a hurricane, but we didn´t have power for most of the day.
You should have seen the storm we had here yesterday! Hail for 15-20 minutes, it looked like it had snowed, it covered the streets and grass...it was crazy. It was from pea size to golf ball size hail. I had never seen so much hail. Your sister took pictures will have to send you some once I download them. Love you have fun and glad to know it wasnt much :-)
Post a Comment